Correctional facilities face unique, industry-specific challenges when it comes to the overall security and safety of its staff. Assaults towards prison guards and correctional officers are not uncommon when dealing daily with a prison population. As a result, detention centers and correctional facilities are increasingly implementing innovative solutions to solve the ongoing issue of inmate aggression and violence.
CenTrak is rated 4.2/5 based on 10 reviews on Google and 4.7/5 based on 597 ratings on Featuredcustomers.com.
Peace of mind and backup is available to each and every office, around-the-clock with Emergency Call; a Real Time Location System (RTLS technology) that provides visibility and real-time location data into distressed individuals or an unfolding incident, using manual or automatic alerts to notify and dispatch emergency response personnel.
Correctional employees exposed to the risk of an attack are provided with Man Down emergency-call transmitters, with panic buttons on either side that provide for easy-to-use and ergonomic alerting. In addition to the manual side buttons, automatic features (namely a tilt switch and a pull cord) provide further distress-notification when a member of protected staff is pushed to the ground or if their transmitter is taken from them forcefully. In fact, automatic alerts are still transmittable even if the attacked employee is unconscious and therefore incapacitated in their ability to activate an alert.
Part of a comprehensive suite of solutions for high-risk correctional facilities and detention centers, the Man-Down transmitter is an integral connection between staff and management, for seamless, end-to-end emergency response protocol. Precise data from a reliable Real Time Location System enables immediate identification of who is in distress, where they are located, expedient transfer of this information to emergency response teams, and an acknowledgment of the initial duress notification.
The benefits and advantages to correctional facilities and staff expand beyond the fall detection provided by Man Down or manual and automatic call functions during emergencies. Incidents, inactivity and after-hours, are all captured and recorded on a PC for added control and oversight measures. Infrastructure and alarms are compatible with fencing, building interfaces (using hardwired or wireless input), camera interfaces, critical assets (also using hardwired or wireless devices), outdoor and indoor wireless coverage, all for added control.
In the broader, organizational sense, operational workflow can be improved in the following ways:
- Eliminate “false alarms” with a front button to clear events during the pre-alarm phase, in case tilt is activated unintentionally.
- Accurately identify staff and collect sub-room location data in real-time, as a security event unfolds
- Manage incidents in real-time by tracking the life cycle of the duress call via interactive screens
- Create multiple response scenarios by customizing notification options (including SMS messages, emails, paging, warning messages and PA announcements)
- Review post-event reports to help evaluate and adjust response accordingly
- Meet international standard requirements with CE, IC, RED and FCC compliant technology
- Scale solutions and transmitter capacity easily, by designating a wide array of areas and spaces, and add additional officers at any time without posing a risk to other personnel
- Increase supervision between infrastructure and transmitters with logs and audits
- Keep staff protected when RTLS servers are offline or network segments, with distributed local control
- Integrate easily with other security systems, including CCTV